Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rainy Days Really STINK!!

   I know you're all disappointed that I'm not starting with another "Deep Thought" but I just don't have it in me.  It's rained pretty much all week and that does NOT make me happy and it does nothing for outdoor activities.  All baseball games were cancelled for Mark and most importantly our wards Father and Son's outing was also cancelled.  You should have heard the melt down this announcement caused, especially with Isaac.  His immediate response was "I hate my life."  I will say he was already having a pretty disappointing day according to him so that was just the final straw for him.  We did manage to get in a couple events.     First there was the little tumbling performance for Brock and a few of his little friends which was short and sweet Monday evening!
Brock and his three play group buddies.

Brock getting help from his instructor, Natalie Dalley.

Brock, Greyson, Quinn and Max "sucking" up their trophies.

   I have to say that the cutest part was when the instructor would say to the boys, "The Captains coming!" and Brock would go into a full attention stand with his arms straight down and then she'd say "Hit the deck." and he'd flop to his knees but every time he'd "hit the deck" prematurely which was pretty funny.  This tumbling thing has only been going on for a few weeks and is technically done but Brock loved it while it lasted.
    Isaac had his second grade program which I let Greg attend while I stayed home with the baby and three year old.  Going to programs at our elementary school gives me cause for irritation and flat out outrage so I avoid it whenever I can.  He did great though and Greg did manage to get one shot where you can at least see Isaac somewhat clearly.  (Almost always my kids are never in a spot where I can see them because of how they utilize the gym and I've suggested a change to the principal but she's not all that bright when it comes to that kind of stuff, thankfully it's her last year with us and maybe the new principal will clue in sooner then later on this STUPIDITY!)

Isaac's in a blue shirt second row from the top on the left.

    We've also had a cute little nest of birds right outside our garage in the pine tree that Greg managed to get a few shots of but these babies have sense flown the nest and the nest has been brought down for the kids to inspect more closely.

    I must admit the rainy weather just added to my already ornery nature this week.  There's nothing worse then being cooped up in the house with a three year old who's climbing the walls most of the day.  Finally today is sunny and warm and we've been outside plenty already. 
    Just this morning we watched as Aunties, Kristin and Heidi participated in the "Women of Steel" triathlon in American Fork.  They did awesome and I'm so impressed with how great they are doing altogether, they've almost got me convinced I could do something like that but not in a competitive event maybe just all on my own when no one's watching.  I know if I were in a "race" I'd want to get in front of everyone and that's just ridiculous so for now I'll just stick to my own private "races".
    So that's about it for our week and if it rains much more we just might float away so here's to hoping and praying for warmer, sunnier weather!!

No comments: