Saturday, August 18, 2012

Going, Going, Gone!

   Well, it's official, this is our last weekend of summer vacation.  I had hoped to make it more exciting but didn't get too far.  We did get to Seven Peaks and all the kids came home alive so that went well.  Seriously, trying to keep track of Brock and McClane at the same time by myself is truly a challenge.
Seven Peaks is much more exciting with tubes.

McClane was feeling much more adventurous this time around.
    So that was Tuesday.  Wednesday three of our neighbors had an ice cream social to celebrate their 20 years living in this neighborhood and after only being there a few minutes this couple came with some other neighbors.
David and Josephine Dunmow
  They are from Australia and low and behold, they're in the same ward as my sister Jackie and her family and Josephine is Jovi's nursery leader!  Seriously, can you say, "Small World".  Needless to say, I was beyond excited and emotional to meet someone who has so recently seen my favorite sister and her family.  I didn't chat too long with them but they were both so nice and for whatever reason this set me into a fit of crying.  I guess it finally dawned on me that my sister is far away and I really do miss her and her family.
    So that was Wednesday.  The rest of the week was much more low-key.  Mark had his back to school night at the Jr. High Thursday night and Mark's first day of school is Monday and the rest of the kids go to school Tuesday.  I can't believe our summer vacation is officially over!  I'm not at all happy about it but of course I know I'll be glad to get back into a routine but I'm going to miss being able to run errands without kids in tow.  Starting Tuesday I'll have McClane all to myself at least for a few hours Monday, Wednesday and Friday which will be nice.  I love this little boy even if he is a bit of a trouble maker.
Notice the stools are actually up on the counter but yet he still has managed to get up to watch TV.  And yes, the volume is double what is normal:-)
And then there are these moments that are just too cute for words.
   Oh, and I almost forget to mention Brock's milestone this week.  He learned to ride a regular two-wheeled bike and all without any help at all.  I came out side Wednesday afternoon and Mark asked if I'd seen Brock and there he was cruising down the street on his friends bike.  It was just the perfect size which made for a perfect transition from his Stride bike to a regular bike.  That Stride bike was definitely worth every penny we paid for it.  No training wheels is definitely the way to go.
GO Brock!
Goodbye summer, hello school year 2012/2013.  High school, Jr. High, Elementary and Preschool here we COME!

No comments: