Friday, August 31, 2012

This will be quick!

    So this week wasn't that exciting unless you like spiders, messes and cake because those were the highlights of my week.  First on Tuesday Brock came in from out back with McClane and told me that McClane had a huge spider on him.  I was hoping he was exaggerating but oh no, it was true and it was a huge wolf spider all brown and hairy crawling on my babies back.  I HATE spiders and the idea of touching one with my bare hands has got to be the most abhorrent idea ever but this is my baby were talking about and I know now I really do love him because I swatted that huge nasty spider off of him with very little hesitation.  I did scream and carrying on after I did it for a second and realized I was freaking my poor baby out and quickly calmed myself down but Brock seemed the most upset, bawling hysterically after the ordeal was over.  Luckily the one swat seemed to put the spider out of commission pretty quickly and after another smack with a shoe and then vacuuming him up I'm quite confident that nasty spider is gone for good.  (You'll have to forgive me but I didn't take time to photograph the spider incident.)
    So that was Tuesday's excitement then it was Micheal Jackson's birthday.  I only know this because Kayli made a grand production about the whole thing.  This is her tribute to M.J. on his 54th birthday.
Seriously I don't think she'll go to this much trouble when I'm dead;-)
 
   And after the cake, singing happy birthday and blowing out candles Kayli watched "This is It" which she's seen several times but I have not and still haven't but I was watching for a few minutes that night and I won't lie, it was almost painful to see him in his final days.  He was so skinny and just messed up from all the plastic surgery and whatever else that I could hardly stand to look at him.  I won't deny he was a talented singer and dancer but how I wish we could have seen him in his natural body over the years instead of his own distorted image.
    Ok, so back to my week.  Have I mentioned we have a near two year old in the house?  Well we do and his name is McClane and he can wreak some havoc when left unattended even for a minute.  I took a couple of pictures of what he has done this week but the worst ones I didn't.  So picture for yourself salt poured all over the couch, chair and kitchen counters and floors, or all three bins of GeoTrax dumped out all over the floor.  Here are the messes I did manage to photograph and obviously these are quite minor compared to some.  But this is what can happen when I decide to shower without making sure he's engaged in some time consuming activity.

Sock boxes dumped.

Pillows every which way.
 
    Now I know these are minor and not much effort to fix but when they're done all in a short period of time it can become quite annoying but I wouldn't trade my life for anything and I'm going to do my best to enjoy these "terrible two" years because I know they'll be over before I know it.

No comments: