Friday, November 16, 2012

Is it possible?

    When I first met Greg I never would have imagined he'd ever be such an old man:-)  Believe it or not, my hottie husband is officially 40 years old!  It really doesn't seem possible.  That seemed so old not too long ago but now that he's there and I'm not too far behind him it's occured to me that 40 is really just a number and Greg does not seem 40 to me.  And the saddest thing is it kind of is a big number to reach, yet we did little to nothing to celebrate this momentous birthday.  There were no balloons, parties or cake.  We did have apple pie and I think Greg got what he wanted but hopefully despite our lack of celebrating he felt as special as we all think he is.  Here's a few photos of his big/sad day.
With the generousity of Greg and my parents and Greg saving his allowance for several months he was able to go and buy himself a GoPro camera that he's had his eye on.  Thanks Elaine, Jim, Ralph and Judy!!

Isaac has been counting down the days until he could finally buy this sucker for his dad.

Here's the majority of the family ready to dive into Greg's birthday apple pie from Costco!!
    And not to let that be our only fun for the week Greg and I also made a quick date night just this evening to the new sporting goods store Scheels in Sandy.  It goes without saying, this is a huge store considering it has a full size ferris wheel in the middle of it and innumberable amounts of sporting merchandise.  If I had a few pennies I could have bought myself  a few fun things but pennies really means hundreds if not thousands of dollars.  Not the cheapest merchandise in the world.  Here are a few photos from this little excursion.
 Can't let a good shooting game go without being played.
 And pretending to drive a monster jeep is every 40 year olds dream, right!?
And then being attacked by a monster grizzly could also be a dream/nightmare come true as well.

    I don't want to let this post finish without also mentioning our weekend visit from my sister Ann and her family.  Having 8 more people in our home can be a bit chaotic and overwhelming but well worth the time we got to spend with family.  Unfortunately I wasn't my usual self with the camera and I honestly only have this one photo to document the visit, pathetic I know.
    Of course I photographed one of the cuter of the Larson clan so that's something.  This is Kari who was a little cutie even if she really wasn't too sure about her Aunt Shirley.  Anyway, it was fun having them here for a quick weekend visit and if we get a vote, we vote they move to Heber or somewhere near by so we can see them a little more often but maybe after their weekend with us that just added one more con to their list;-) 
    Now bring on Thanksgiving, REALLY!!??  I don't think I'm quite ready for the holiday season but here it comes!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Happy 40th Greg!! I can't wait to check out Scheels when we come over.