Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving & New Paint

   Yep, it happened, Thanksgiving came and went.  It's just crazy how quickly the holiday's come and GO!  I wasn't ready for Thanksgiving and I'm not ready for Christmas but I know it's going to be here before I know it so I'd better gear up. 
    Thanksgiving was nice and simple. It was definitely the smallest Kmetzsch gathering in the history of my time in the family but it was still the same wonderful food.  And I'm sorry to admit these are literally the only photos I took of the entire day.  Greg did take a time lapse video of dinner with his GoPro camera but you're crazy if you think I'm going to attempt to download that on here.  He can't even figure out how to do that yet.
McClane finally decided to eat after everyone was done.


There's nothing like a piece of celery to help spoon in the veggie dip.

Dinner and dessert were over at this point.  Happy Turkey Day!!
The rest of our weekend has been spent mostly with this project.
Time to cover up these stripes and make this a boys room.
Greg and Kayli were a little sad about this but things can't stay the same forever.
 The tapes still on in places but you get the idea.
It took four coats of paint and Greg was one ornery guy but the worse is over and now on to repainting the white stuff and touching up the paint that peeled off.  (Next time pimer first for sure if there is a next time, Greg really hates painting for some reason.) 

2 comments:

Elaine Baker said...

Who's going to be in that room now, Shirley. Where's Kayli going to sleep? I don't think Greg could hate painting more than I do.

Jackie said...

Change is always good right? Where will Kayli be now? I am glad you enjoyed your thanksgiving. Am I safe to say you ate a piece of pie for me? Thanks for that.