Saturday, December 1, 2012

I had a Birthday!!

   So I'm now officially 38 but you'd never guess it by looking at me, or at least that's what I like to tell myself.  This whole week has been pretty fun as we head into the Christmas festivities.  Here are several photos documenting our week of decorating, birthday celebrating and other fun stuff.
Picking out a live Christmas tree for the first time in 8 years.


Waiting for the tree to be delivered.

It's HERE!


This is a Norbel tree from Oregon and is soft and lovely and I love it!
Getting it set up in the tree stand.

Blurry but you get the idea.

Time to finally decorate.  (They had to wait until the next day due to a light delay the night before.)

They were having fun and making quick work of this job.

McClane was kind of helpful, but not really!
   So that was earlier this week.  Then we went to Festival of Tree's Thursday night but I didn't take a single photo.  Kayli did but I'm too impatient to upload her 900 plus photos so you'll just have to believe we went and it was fun but very crowded.  After looking at all the fun Christmas trees we decided the kids were behaved well enough to go to the new sporting goods store, Scheels, where they could check out the cool indoor Ferris Wheel.  Mark and Kayli were actually brave enough to go for a ride.



It' their turn!
There's no turning back now!

Watching their brother and sister from the second floor.


This is what the other boys were doing while waiting.
 
    While we were enjoying the Festival of Trees and hanging out at Scheels this "little" guy finally arrived.  Josh and Camille (Greg's brother and his wife.) have been patiently waiting for this guy to come and they finally just had to force him here via c-section.  I think he must have been stuck in his mom's tiny little body:-)

Our newest nephew!  He's actually not so little as he weighed in at 11 lbs. 8 oz and was 22 inches long.  We're looking forward to seeing him very soon and hopefully it won't be long before he's got a name.  Right now he's just "Tank"!

     Then it was my birthday and Greg took very good care of me.  He filled the house with 38 balloons, took me to lunch and even took care of the transportation for Brock to and from preschool while I was able to go on a walk/jog all by myself, a rare treat!


Balloons were everywhere.
 


   That evening we went to the Live Nativity, which is a very neat experience and a great way to top off my birthday.  This is the only photo I have to show for it, but no doubt the best part of the whole experience.
This is a real life couple and baby and the spirit felt in this room is undeniable.
 
   We then came back here for a little treat Greg whipped up for me and to enjoy some time visiting which I always love.
Could I be any happier!?  A serenade by the Kmetzsch's of "Happy Birthday" does this to me everytime.  (I'd say I look more terrified than anything!)
    So that's our week in a nutshell.  Sorry for a bit of overload on photos and stuff but this is how it goes sometimes.

 

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I am glad you enjoyed your birthday. Oh and you don't need to apologize for lots of pictures. That's the best part. You need to apologize when you only have a few. P.S. I like your tree!

Elaine Baker said...

Looks like a fun-filled week. This is what I'm thinking about 'Tank'. I believe his grandmother was right there to 'pick' him out for her daughter, and he was having a hard time leaving her, 'cuz he loves her so much and he knew it would be a long time before he saw her again. He's pretty cute, though.