Friday, February 13, 2015

Sixth grade Valentine dance and a HUGE mistake

      Today Isaac had his sixth-grade Valentine dance. It's kind of a right of passage in this area. They spend weeks learning different dances and then this is their opportunity to perform and show off to their parents. Isaac had a pretty good time. Here are a few photos from the big day.
What a handsome devil.
Isaac with our cute neighbor, Alex.
Isaac and his "crush" Kimber.
Isaac doing a little line dancing.
Isaac and a girl who is NOT his crush.
Isaac and me.
Isaac and Sadie (The girl I think he should have a crush on.)
     And the cutest part of the dance was this.....
Our cute neighbor, Sydney didn't have her dad there for the very first dance so she asked Greg. 
Greg was a little freaked out and nervous but he survived!
     And now to the HUGE mistake! I CUT 6 INCHES OF MY HAIR OFF!!! (And I am shouting this.) What was I thinking?! I was wanting a change but I took things too far. Now I have to clarify, the cut itself is great, my cousin Jessica did a great job I however am not CUT out for short hair. Here's a before photo.
Sorry, I rarely wear my hair completely down so this is a real accurate photo of my normal look.
And this is now ... (and just be aware I've had it clipped up all day so this isn't really fixed or anything.)
       You may have seen the photo taken with my cousin Jessica on Instagram or Facebook and that isn't a flattering look at all and overall I'm really not good with short hair. Never AGAIN!! My hair can't grow fast enough and for now this....

will be my regular hairstyle, clipped up hiding the fact that it's too short for my liking.
       And not to leave our little princess out, this is a cute photo of her wearing a cute dress we got from her cousin Kari.
She's so CUTE!

3 comments:

Elaine Baker said...

You're silly. I thought the hairstyle looked good on you, Shirley. Wear it down. Cute Isaac too (and Charlie).

Jackie said...

It isn't that short Shirley. Up to your chin would be short=) I think it looks great down even without it being fixed. Isaac seems to be really tall in the photo of you and him, either that or you have shrunk a few inches. Lol. Love that dress Charlie!

Anonymous said...

I think you are beautiful Shirley, I thought you were talking your mom's style short. I would think you would look just as beautiful either way!