Saturday, February 21, 2015

Official Valentine's Day

      So for the past few years we've celebrated Valentines Day as a family with a candle light dinner and this year was no exception. However this year Kayli bailed on us and did her own thing with a girlfriend from work so we replaced her with Isaac's good friend, Lance.
        This years dinner was pretty basic but the highlight was definitely the yummy slush. So we had chicken roll ups, green beans and slush. For dessert, nothing, but they did enjoy a fire out back where they roasted starburst candies.
That is the top of Brock's head peaking out behind me.
Lance and Isaac had their own set up.

      And then to my surprise Greg and the boys had a treat for me.
I think this is enough chocolate to last me a little while. (Photo bomb Isaac.)
       Greg and I also treated ourselves to upgraded cellphones and a couple other tech savvy gifts. One of the cool devices we picked up while at the Verizon store is this cool little thing....

    This is a Gizmopal and for $5 bucks a month this little device is going to be a lifesaver. This has gps and can make phone calls to 'mom' and 'dad's' phone and can be called by mom and dad. So as long as we remember to put it on the right kid before they leave the house we'll be able to communicate with them wherever they are and if for some reason they take it off or lose it we'll be able to use the gps tracker on our phones to find it. I only wish they'd come out with these years ago. Can you imagine if I'd had this when Brock wandered off with the dog or anytime McClane's been outside without supervision and made his way to the park. Anyway, I'm pretty excited about it.
       Then I took these photos...



     She's looking pretty cute in my vintage dress. I only wish I had a photo of me wearing it 38+ years ago to compare with it.
      Well that's about it. I didn't take any other photos from our week. Charlie did have her 18 month checkup with the doctor and got her final immunization, at least 'final' until she's ready for kindergarten. She was really good at the doctors and was cute playing peekaboo in the cupboard in the doctors office but unfortunately I didn't think to take a photo. And the rest of our week has been pretty basic. Maybe next week I'll have some home improvements to share but don't hold your breath.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Happy late Valentine's Day to all of you! Can't wait to see you all in just 27 days!! It can't come fast enough=)