Friday, December 2, 2016

Birthday

    Usually my birthdays are a bit disappointing and I know it's only because I have unrealistic expectations, but this year I just planned on being disappointed and ended up being pleasantly surprised. My first surprise was balloons from Greg. Then after my treadmill torture I found my bed covered in new clothes, courtesy of Kayli and almost everything fit and will be a great addition to my wardrobe.
I love having my own personal clothes shopper.
    Another fun surprise was a gift certificate from my friend and she made me promise to use it on my birthday and I like to keep my promises so during the lunch hour I had the pleasure of getting a pedicure. I loved most of it, the toenail filing is a bit disturbing but I got through it.
Periwinkle is one of my favorite colors.
    Totally off topic from my birthday celebrations, Mark shared these, and several more, photos of him and a few of his friends and I thought they were pretty cool so I figured I'd share a few on the blog.
Mark really isn't that much taller than his buddy but they tried to convince a few people with this photo that Mark was 7 feet tall. (He wishes!) 
     Once everyone was home it was a good time for me to open a gift from Greg and my birthday card from my parents.

    New slippers, money and a giant piece of cake!
Thanks Mom & Dad and Greg!
     Then, per my request, Greg and I went to Festival of Trees as a date night and left the kids home. It was a much more pleasant experience and I don't think the kids were too bummed about missing all the walking.


These were a few of our favorite trees.
These were some cool reclaimed wood projects.
Fun playhouse ideas.
And by far my most favorite display! You have to be a true Seinfeld fan to truly appreciate this. The decorator and donator were listed as "The Human Fund"! I seriously loved it! No tree, just a pole, a real Festivus for the rest of us! Whoever did this is my new best friend!
Then a yummy dinner at Chili's to finish off the night!
And a day later I got this yummy plate of cookies from Mark and his 'friend' Morgan. She seriously makes the best sugar cookies I've ever had so Mark is going to marry her!
    I also received a nice gift from my long time friend and walking buddy, Cammy, but I failed to photograph it. All together it was a great day and the highlight of my week for sure. Life aint too bad for this 42 year old!

2 comments:

Elaine Baker said...

You're really really loved, Shirley. What wonderful surprises and gifts. Happy birthday. (Wish I could reach into my computer and grab one of those cookies. Sure look good.)

Jackie said...

Yay!! I can't wait to be 42 if I get to be as lucky as you! Lol. Spoiled much?! You deserve it! Glad you had such a special day.