Saturday, July 22, 2017

Bridal shower and a little more.

     Kayli's soon-to-be-mother-in-law, Roiann, hosted a very nice bridal shower for Kayli on Saturday. Kayli got lots of great stuff and despite being a 'little' uncomfortable being the center of attention, she felt loved.
Charlie was being very helpful.
I'm glad my best friend and walking buddy, Cammy, could be there since none of my sisters or mom could be there from my side.

     Saturday night we enjoyed the fireworks that ended Steel Days. This year we watched from a little further away but they were still spectacular.

     Also this week Greg was able to pick several hot peppers from his garden and when he stuffs them with cream cheese and wraps them in bacon, there's nothing BETTER!!
If this was all we got from the garden I'd be satisfied.
     And Thursday our three boys, Mark, Isaac and Carter left on a two night, three day trek with the youth from the ward so its just been the three youngest at home and it's been pretty awesome. They rarely fight and they play great together.



This 'cards & gifts' sign has been sitting here all week and not one card or gift was left! What a rip off!
      So those are the weekly highlights. The three 'trekking' boys will be home this evening and I hope they've had a good experience. Carter was the only one who really wanted to go so we'll see how they all feel when they get home.
      Wedding plans are still going well. I've got all the invitations ready to mail or hand deliver, which will probably happen in a little over a week. The happy couple is still happy and mostly I'm just looking forward to having Kayli married off and out of the house so I can start rearranging bedrooms!

2 comments:

Elaine Baker said...

Wish I could have come to the shower. Looks like fun. Rearranging bedrooms!! FUN!

Jackie said...

Wish I could have been there. It looks like she got some good stuff!! Yay for wedding planning! Looking forward to seeing their wedding announcement.