Friday, July 28, 2017

Trek, car detailing & more

      Mark, Isaac and Carter arrived home from our ward pioneer trek Saturday evening and they seemed happy. A neighbor shared a few photos from trek. Mark was a Pa and had a family of about 8 kids. From what I've heard he was very good and helpful.
This is Mark and his 'family'.
And here's another one of Mark and his 'family'.
Isaac is the boy in blue and this is his trek family.
Here's Carter arriving home.
Isaac arriving home.
Mark arriving home.
     I love to see the bonding of the youth after a trek experience and I'm glad three of my boys got to be a part of it this summer.
      Greg spent the better part of Saturday digging post holes in preparation of hanging up a double gate on the west side of the house. Charlie was a perfect 'measuring tool'.
      I don't have photos of the gate hanging yet because I'm waiting for the whole thing to be done but he did get the double gate hung and now needs to add a little metal and put up fencing on either side of the gate to finish it off. It's going to be awesome and hopefully done this weekend or early next week.

     Don't judge, but Greg couldn't resist snapping a photo of all the youth in the ward up on the stand Sunday singing a song together to honor their pioneer trekking experience. The performance may not have been perfect but the large group made it impressive.

     Monday was pioneer day and I had the privilege of getting my car detailed by Jonathan, Tanner's mom's husband. He did an amazing job and spent about 7 hours waxing, buffing and power washing it. Roiann, Tanner's mom, took these before and after photos. He really did an incredible job and buffed out a lot of the scratches on the exterior that have been bothering me for a long time.
These are before photos. Note the filthy engine.
Look how shiny the engine looks after the power wash!
Ignore the torn seat and focus on the beautifully shampooed carpet.
      And while I was getting my car detailed Greg was busy at home adding corrugated metal to the top of the fence and I love it. Over time it should rust and be even more rustic but I actually kind of like the shiny look.

The sky is pretty spectacular too!
     In wedding planning 'news' I ordered a few things including plates and napkins and this is what arrived. You may be thinking the plates are way too tiny, but they're actually the perfect size for the donuts we're planning on serving it's the napkins that are ridiculously too big. The napkins are 8X8 inches folded and the plates are 6 inches, so clearly not the best match.




I bought these today and they're a much better match! If this is my only major mistake I'll count myself lucky!
      Tomorrow Kayli will be taking her bridal photos so we've spent a little time working on hair ideas and Roiann's been spending lots of time getting Kayli's dress just perfect. As of yesterday, the dress looked great and just needed the bustle hooks attached and a little of the Tulle trimmed so I'm sure it will be all ready for photos tomorrow. Things are really getting REAL! I mailed invitations today and will be hand delivering the rest Monday! I gave Tanner and Kayli one last chance to back out last night before the majority of the invitations went out but they both stayed quiet so I guess they're still IN LOVE! So that's all for now!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

That is really cool three of your boys got to go on the trek together. Also, your fence looks pretty sweet! And I am a bit jealous of your clean car. Glad to know you were able to recover after getting the wrong sized napkins. Lol. I can't believe how fast the time has flown. Only a few more weeks and Kayli will be married!!

Elaine Baker said...

That Trek looks pretty exciting (love the 'CHEEZ-IT' box in one of the wagons). Can't believe Mark being able to 'handle' 8 kids. Wowzer. Did any of his family 'die' on the trek? Can't wait to see Kayli's pictures.