Saturday, September 16, 2017

crafts, fall, family

      I got a little crafty recently. Both the burlap wreath and 'welcome' sign are of my own making, which is pretty amazing if I do say so myself. I'm not normally crafty and I generally find crafting quite stressful but I liked both these decor ideas, which I found on Pinterest, so I took a shot at it and I think they both turned out ok. I'm not too happy that fall is approaching but I love fall decorating. Now I just need to get a few more things and I'll have the front of the house all ready for fall.

       This past week Greg and I made a drive up to Conrad ranch to retrieve our ladders and also just to enjoy the scenery. The colors are starting to come on and this place is just as spectacular as ever!

     I also got all these fun photos to chose from, from the wedding photographer and I think all these kids took some great photos. I have seven, now eight, beautiful children and now my photo wall is all updated too!
Don't tell anyone, but McClane has to be my favorite! He's so stickin' cute!!
    So that's our week. I also spent last evening with Carter and his scout troop for the mom and son camp out, which was great but a little cold. I had every intention of sleeping over but our tent was not in good order when we finally found it so I decided to skip the sleep over aspect of the night. I felt bad about missing breakfast but wasn't sad that I had to sleep in my own bed. I never got any photo evidence of the night but it was fun and my 4th year attending with several more to go.

1 comment:

Elaine Baker said...

Wow Shirley! Who would have known you could be so 'crafty'. I love the wreath and front door decorations. Makes me stink. Cute pictures and beautiful view at the Conrad Ranch.