Friday, November 30, 2018

Christmas decorating, pinewood derby & birthday celebrations

     It's been a great week. I can hardly believe we're only 25/24 sleeps away from Christmas. It's a good thing we're getting ready. It's also been a fun week with the pinewood derby (hopefully our last) and celebrating my 44th birthday. I definitely have felt loved!
We got most of the decorating done last Saturday.

We got a real tree this week that the three youngest we're excited to decorate. 
    This was a fun surprise that arrived in the mail last weekend. I'm a "Seinfeld" fan through and through and I don't know why I don't own more stuff like this. This shirt truly was a "Festivus Miracle." (THANKS AGAIN MOM!)
Now I just need a 'Pole'.
     I treated myself to this cute new dress at a new store down the road. I went in hoping to find something cute for Charlie only to find out it was really a dress store for women. (It's called "Twirl" and that sounded like little girl dresses to me.) Of course I couldn't help but look around and found this cute, comfy dress at an affordable price and decided, 'why not?!'

Pocket, stripes AND black and white! WIN, WIN, WIN!!!
     Brock earned his Arrow of Light and Webelos badge along with our good friends son, Jordan. It was a fun night at our pack meeting/pinewood derby. Brock will most likely be our last son to get this award. Fun stuff!


Lego Pinewood derby was a success and genius idea! 
    I surprisingly got recognized for helping out with cub scouts as well as a birthday shout out at the pack meeting. I felt like an idiot because as they were announcing the person they were recognizing I thought they must be talking about someone else from the cub scout committee so I was nodding my head in agreement to all the praise being dished out and then they called me up. I really thought they were talking about someone else, I was so embarrassed!
Plenty of candy!
     We really splurged for my birthday and treated, almost, the whole family to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. It was so yummy and even if a few kids didn't appreciate the meal it was still a fun time.
I love a good steak!

Kayli and Tanner spoiled me with a pile of new Harley Davidson shirts/sweatshirts!

And who can resist these "Cravings" cupcakes! And thanks for the card and money mom and dad.  44's not so bad so far!
     Greg and I also went to a movie for my birthday and saw "Instant Family". It is a fabulous movie and I definitely recommend everyone see it. Such a fun night and birthday! I sure have a happy life overall and can't complain too much! Ok that's not true, I could complain a lot and probably do complain too much at times but really am grateful for my family and friends and I wouldn't trade my life for anything.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Your house is all ready for Christmas! Love the decorations! It looks so good! Can we come to your house for Christmas? We only have a tree up. Lol.
Also, I am glad you had a great birthday and that it was a special day for you! You deserve it! P.S. I love your sweater.