Friday, May 29, 2020

School's out for summer!

     The front porch is still a favorite spot to hang out but it can be a little warm in the early afternoon.
This was Beau hanging out on the porch and our attempt at keeping her shaded.
   Did I mention Isaac is my favorite child? He asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day and initially I'd said flowers for the front porch but when he asked me again, a couple weeks after Mother's Day, I said what I really wanted were new Nike's and without blinking an eye he got online, showed me the options, asked for my favorite pick and ordered them without mentioning a price, super generous and these were not cheap! Needless to say, they are awesome and I've already put a few miles on them. Isaac WINS!

    The puppy is getting big and likes to spread out.

     What a weird end to our 2019/2020 school year! There was a little parade for us to drive thru at the elementary school this week and a quick spot to jump out for the sixth graders to take a photo with their teachers. Brock was embarrassed about this, for some reason, but he participated, under duress. 
     Here's Brock with his favorite elementary teacher, Mr. Jolley.
So long elementary school!

     And in honor of all the high school graduates all the Alpine school district high schools shot off fireworks simultaneously. (At least 8 schools that we could see.) We found a high spot and watched the short display and it was so cool. I think they should make this the tradition for every year.

     And while at our 'high spot' we had to take advantage of the views of Salt Lake Valley.

     And speaking of views, our view of the corner mountain area, here in Alpine, is spectacular from our new front porch. I can't get enough of this view!

       So I guess it's officially summer break for us even though it's felt like summer for a couple months now. Hopefully we can find some fun things to do this summer but for now we're just anticipating a carpal tunnel procedure on both of Greg's hands in a couple weeks and maybe another project at some point once his hands are healed.

No comments: