Friday, January 29, 2021

Covid central

      Covid has hit and is making it's rounds through the majority of us. It started with me and Greg and now it's slowly working its way through 4 of the six kids that live here. It's been bearable and definitely could be worse. I wasn't a fan of the lower backaches but those only lasted a few days and thankfully medicine helped alleviate that pain. Greg is definitely struggling a little more with really painful coughs and body aches but he's still able to move around. Thankfully it's been the least taxing on the kids and hopefully they can all return to school by the end of next week. And the no taste or smell is about the strangest sensation I've ever experienced. And don't tell Greg, but I'm kind of glad he's developed the same loss of senses because there's no way of understanding it unless you experience it for yourself. Hopefully those senses return soon so we can get back to enjoying the flavor of food again. 
       Being stuck at home hasn't been that fun but I'm sure grateful we had most of what we needed and only needed a tiny bit of help from Kayli, who was a great help with the few things we did need, milk, cheese, etc. We also got our 1/4 beef that Greg purchased for our food storage so we're sitting pretty on our meat supply. And if my calculations are correct I'll be able to get to my regular shopping Monday. 

We've never had such a variety of meat options, can't wait to TASTE again so this can be fully enjoyed.

     And thanks to my brother Tad's suggestion, we've been enjoying the first season of "Alone" on the history channel. I guess having Covid while living in a safe shelter with all the modern amenities isn't so bad considering the alternative. 

No comments: