Friday, November 4, 2011

Fall is Here

Well it's official, fall is here and with all the leaves from our many trees as well as those of our neighbors,  (that's right, my children, along with several others, decided to collect as many leaves as possible from as many yards as they could) leaves were collected and piled in our front yard for a day of LEAFY FUN!  I was obviously unaware of this happening until the fun was well under way but several neighbors watched in good humor as their yards were cleaned up and mine "trashed".  I have to admit, I can't say I minded until the leaves made their way into my house, EVERYWHERE, but thankfully I have a good vacuum and was in a fairly patient mood that day.  And I'm especially grateful for a fantastic husband who didn't seem to mind cleaning up a majority of the yard later that day when the fun was over.  I did manage to take several pictures of the fun, so please enjoy.  (Note the coats and sweatshirts being worn backwards by the kids, this was their ingenious idea in order to be covered completely with leaves without the mess of them all over their face and down the front of their shirts.  Pretty clever really.)
This was the first use of the leaves.  (Note the broom and wagon for easy collecting throughout the neighborhood.)



Then they decided to lay down and get buried.

Mark, Brock and a friend, Elijah getting ready to be buried.


Another friend, Mason, is already to cover them up.

Carter was happy to help too.




Brock didn't last long as you can imagine.



He loved it though.


"Who's Next?"

2 comments:

Elaine Baker said...

Great fun! Thanks for posting.

Annie B Larson said...

that actually makes me wish we had leaves in the yard. And I forgot that I need to tax the candy buckets. Good thing they have been grounded from candy for a week, I still have time.
Baby planking....he's a genius!