Saturday, October 6, 2012

It's official!




     It's official, this little guy is now 2 and is about the cutest 2 year old I've met in a long time!  We had his birthday cake, and the like, last week, but this is him on his actual birthday.  He also had his two year checkup a couple weeks ago and weighed in at 29 lbs. and is about 35 inches tall.  The doctor's visit was a bit abnormal for me.  All my kids generally enjoy visiting the doctor and rarely cry aside from getting their shots but McClane is definitely not like his siblings.  He cried the second I put him on the scale so I had to be weighed (JOY) and then hold him and the nurse than figured out the difference.  He then continued to scream when I put him up on the table to be measured and checked out, I was holding him down nearly the whole time.  But as soon as the doctor or nurse left the room he'd be totally fine.  Then the dreaded shots came and after all four were administered he was given a sucker and immediately stopped crying and was totally fine.  I don't think the shots even bothered him but having the doctor and nurse touching him was just too much.  He checked out healthy and fine and the doctor warned that he was just going to get better at climbing, running and getting into mischief and I told the doctor I didn't think that was possible because he's already quite a professional climber and general trouble maker but I won't let my guard down yet!
     The rest of our week has been normal and well.  Greg took Mark and Isaac hiking yesterday after school and they had a great time and then Greg treated me to movie and dinner.  We saw "Taken 2" and if you haven't seen the first one I'd recommend seeing it before seeing the second but they're both great, intense movies.  Liam Nesson is AWESOME!  And dinner was at Buffalo Wild Wings in Lehi near Costco and it was loud and a definite sports bar and the food wasn't bad but a little spendy over all but it was just nice to get out for a few hours and have a nice date with my husband.

No comments: