Friday, January 17, 2014

Brock's had a birthday shout Hooray!

     Brock is six years old and about the happiest boy I know. He had a great birthday at home and at school. We kept things quite low key for Brock's birthday celebration but I don't think he minded too much. Now that basketball season is here we're just a little bit busy. Brock still got the traditional birthday balloons, cake and ice cream so it definitely was a birthday party minus all the extra fluff.
Balloons first thing in the morning always starts a birthday off right.
Now to the one and only birthday gift.
A box full of new toys, now that's the ticket!
It didn't take long before the brothers were helping Brock explore his 'prize' box.
Too many things to see and he just can't get to them all fast enough.
A Batman birthday cake was his one request.
Yum!
And only a day late, his birthday card and birthday money from his Grandma and Grandpa Baker.
      Also this week Charlie hit the five month mark and of course I have photo documentation of that and a few other cute photos from throughout the week for your viewing pleasure.
She's such a sweet baby!
Isaac and Charlie having some fun time together in the hallway.
Yep, that's chocolate on her mouth.  We believe in the four basic food groups at our house, chocolate, sugar, milk and butter!
I don't know what she's thinking but Brock was being sweet trying to share this little teddy bear with Charlie.
    And I did take a photo or two of Mark at his basketball game this week only because we found his doppelgänger is actually on the same team as him. I honestly kept mistaking the other boy for Mark throughout the game. Mark doesn't actually know the kids name because he just started the season but I did take several photos to prove my point that they look like twins.  You may have to zoom in on these photos but I promise, they could be brothers.
Mark's #3 and his twin is #5.
In this photo their actually both touching their faces at the same time, weird!
Minus a little different hair line they are so similar even from behind.
I know Mark was embarrassed that I was taking photos but I had to get proof because I only had Carter with me to back up my theory.
    So there's our weekly highlights.  I'm looking forward to a nice three day weekend even if it does include singing in the stake choir for two sessions on Sunday. At least I only have to worry about getting myself ready for church this Sunday instead of the whole family getting ready.  (Yes, that's right, I don't usually take my whole family to stake conference.  Call me crazy but I don't think any of us would get much from it if we were all there together.)

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday to Brock! I would have to agree with you on that #5 looking a lot like Mark. That's so weird. You are so good to keep record of Charlie each month. Please don't tell me you did that with all of your children or else I am going to feel like the biggest slacker as a mom.=_) I still haven't even gotten a baby book for Kirra! AAAhhh...I am freaking out.