Friday, August 25, 2017

Let the insanity begin!

     So a new school year is upon us! Not my favorite thing in the world but the more structured schedule is always a nice change. So far everyone is adapting well to the early morning routine. Honestly, summer already feels like a distant memory. It just goes way too fast!!
     We have had one little glitch with Mark's early morning diesel mechanics class, after only two days the instructor up and quit so the class has been postponed until after Labor Day. Lets hope they find a good replacement. For now I've deemed Mark my slave every morning until he gets back to his regularly scheduled program. (Maybe he can knock out some online classed in the next two weeks as well.)
Mark is starting his senior year and the diesel mechanic program in Spanish Fork, Isaac is in 9th, Carter is 7th, Brock is 4th, McClane is 1st.
    Charlie started preschool a day after the boys started school and she cried for a minute when I dropped her off but quickly acclimated and told me when I picked her up that she loves school, so happy day for me and her! I'm pretty excited to have an hour and 45 minutes all to myself three afternoons a week.

    And of course, with 5 in school all day, one married and out of the house, this little girl is going to get a lot of one on one time with mom and dad. Greg was pretty excited for the lunch date and especially happy for the coloring book and crayons!
The boys did all the coloring in this little Peppa Pig coloring book Charlie got.
     So we did switch bedrooms around but so far it's not going as well as I'd hoped. Apparently Brock is more of a 'scaredy cat' then I realized and he's dragging Charlie into his drama so they haven't been sleeping so well in the basement. Hopefully they can build up some courage soon because I'm NOT going to put up with too many more 'night time hysterics'. On a happy note, getting four kid's wardrobes in the two closets in Kayli's old bedroom has been so AWESOME! If all they do is keep their clothes down there but sleep upstairs I'm ok with that. Now to get a little painting done and some furniture rearranged.

1 comment:

Elaine Baker said...

OH NO!! What did Mark do to make the diesel mechanic teacher quit? (Sorry Mark, just had to say it.) Glad your cute family is 'settling' in. Charlie's corn-dog looks so good, mmmm.