Saturday, February 6, 2016

Brock's big day!

    Today Brock became an official member of The Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints. Turning eight is quite a big deal when you're a mormon, you get to be baptized. Brock's dad baptized and confirmed him. He is a happy boy and is determined to be a better kid now that he has the gift of the Holy Ghost.
     Almost all of Brock's Kmetzsch aunts, uncles and cousins came to support him as well as his Kmetzsch grandparents and his siblings. His aunt Kristin Page shared a nice talk on the gift of the Holy Ghost and had a nice white fleece blanket embroidered with Brock's name on it as a gift for him.
    We enjoyed a simple brunch at the house after the baptism and Brock was happy to spend some more time playing with his cousins.
Two of my handsome men.

A great opportunity for a family photo. 

Brock and his cousin Sam Smith all the way down from Idaho.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the food.


     The rest of our week has been pretty low-key. I had a phone issue, (only my third new phone in a year) so I lost a few photos in the process but nothing too important and most of the vital ones I'd already saved to my Chatbook app so they're not completely lost. Technology is amazing and a total nightmare all at the same time. Anyway, so glad today went so well for Brock and I can't believe we've got five out of seven kids baptized!?

2 comments:

Grandpa Baker said...

Congratulations Syd I mean Brock!

Elaine Baker said...

Congratulations Brock. And Shirley, I see you remembered to make sure you weren't standing in front of a mirror when your photo was taken. Wish I could have been there. Love you all.