Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Oregon, so fun and pretty!

     Our time in Oregon was fun and memorable. Our first adventure was swimming but I didn't take photos because I was in the pool the whole time. Then we got to take a little side trip to Eugene to pick Mark up from the airport. That drive is so pretty! We stopped at Odell lake for a minute to take a photo and enjoy the beauty! It's just such a pretty area.

     Mark enjoyed his little flight adventure. He lucked out and got window seats on all three flights.
"Too Tall"
      On our way back to Klamath we couldn't resist stopping at probably one of the last true A & W diners left in America. Oakridge, Oregon knows how to keep it real. A & W root beer from the tap in a frosted mug is the only way to go when it comes to soda.


Truly a cool little diner!
      Our stay with my sister Ann and her family was 'the bomb'. The kids had a blast with all their cousins and our accommodations were pretty stellar, especially considering they were free and came with free food and laundry facilities.

The Larson compound, David knows how to build a house!
     Lake day was the funnest day in my opinion. Lake of the Woods is about the prettiest lake I've ever been too and having a boat to ride in makes it that more enjoyable. The kids also enjoyed their time in the canoe.




Speed boat fun.
     I tried wake boarding for the first time and surprisingly did fairly well considering I've never done anything where my feet are strapped into the same board. It was fun and worth all the sore muscles I had for three days after. My son-in-law, Tanner, had to show me up but I'm still pretty impressed with myself. Thanks to David and Dyrin who were great teachers and very patient!
Brock attempting to wake board. (He did ok but needs to probably build up some arm strength.)
    The Baker family reunion was actually a reunion within a reunion and we were able to get a few photos with all 40 of my 'immediate' family. These are the photos I snapped of just the grandkids with their grandparents. Hopefully the whole group photos turned out, we'll find out later.
Chaos at its best!
     We also grabbed a few more photos of all the grandkids the same afternoon at Lottie Bowlby's baptism and Rowan Bowlby's baby blessing. That was a special event and I even had the privilege of giving the baptism talk.
What a great looking bunch!
    After the baptism Marie treated us all to sweet cupcakes and cake.

    And of course I loved snuggling my newest niece, Rowan and occasionally let a few other people hold her. Greg even took a turn.
She's so sweet and tiny!
    So that's the week in a nutshell. I sure loved being with my family! I love that my kids enjoy playing with their cousins! And I'm glad we could get an updated photo. (Now who's going to announce their pregnant?!) Now lets bring on the 4th of July festivities!

No comments: